How to celebrate your baby's first birthday on a budget. From decorations to gifts, this guide gives you some great ideas on how to celebrate their first milestone birthday without...
Renting vs second hand - which is best?
You might think that renting and buying second hand are pretty much the same when it comes to environmental impact, but there are a few aspects that just give rental the eco-edge:
- With Borro, professional cleaning and repair helps to prolong a garment's lifespan. A service you might not employ for your second hand clothes!
- Clothes you own tend to linger at the back of a drawer before you get round to donating/reselling them, while in the meantime new items are produced to meet demand.
- If you're buying items from multiple second hand sellers, several different deliveries have a greater environmental impact than one shipment from Borro.
- 70% of items donated to charity shops are shipped abroad to developing countries where the sheer quantity decimates local textile industries and destroys local jobs. As well as taking a whole lot of energy to get them there.
- People are more likely to treat clothes with care if they're rented than if they've picked them up cheap in a charity shop.
Looking for some fun new ways to entertain your toddler at home? We have a list of the best DIY ideas for keeping toddlers occupied and engaged at home.
Looking for stocking filler inspiration for your baby or toddler that doesn't break the bank? Check out our list of cheap stocking fillers for babies and toddlers, that will bring a...